We are looking forward to the 2018 Spring Show
Friday 28th September 2018
1.00pm - 5.30pm
ATHENAEUM HALL, ARROWTOWN
Admission $3.00 - Children free
Traditional High Tea $4.00
PLEASE READ SCHEDULE CAREFULLY - SOME CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE
Stage Fashion Show - Wedding Theme
1 ENTRY FORMS will be available at the hall between 4.00pm and 8.00pm on the evening before the Show (Thursday 27th September), or on the morning of the Show between 8.30am and 9.30am, Friday 28th September.
2 ALL ENTRIES for the Show must be received by the Secretary or a delegate at the Hall and be prepared on the table provided before placing in the Hall by 9.30am on the morning of the Show ready for judging.
3 ALL ENTRIES, with the exception of Decorative Floral Art, must be grown by the Entrant.
4 EACH ENTRY will be supplied with a Sticker upon which the Section, Class and Entry Number will be marked and this must be securely attached to the entry.
5. ENTRANTS are to supply their own containers for display of small or specialty flowers, otherwise bottles are provided.
6 BLOOMS to be named where possible please. Card will be available at the show.
7 JUDGING will commence at 10.00am. Unauthorised persons shall vacate the hall during judging.
8 IF in the Judges' view entries do not reach a sufficient standard, prizes may be adjusted.
9 JUDGES decisions will be final.
10 ENTRIES ARE NOT TO BE REMOVED UNTIL 5.PM ON DAY OF SHOW, and MUST BE REMOVED before 6.00pm. Any entries left after 6.00pm will be dismantled and donated locally.
Please contact any of the following committee:-
Jean Britton - President 442 3650
Ali Soper - 027 427 3659
Jane Brough - treasurer 442 1158
Please see the Volunteer Tab above for full committee list.
FLOWER CLASSES - NOTE: the terms spikes, spray, stem and heads refer to flowers normally composed of many florets. Other exhibits consist of single specimen blooms of the required number. OPTIONAL: Arrange with up to 2 leaves
SECTION 1. DAFFODILS
1. Yellow trumpet - 1 bloom
2. Yellow trumpet - 3 blooms
3. Bicolour trumpet - 1 bloom
4. Bicolour trumpet - 3 blooms
5. White trumpet - 1 bloom
6. White trumpet - 3 blooms
7. Any other trumpet - 1 bloom
8. All yellow - 1 bloom
9. White perianth, yellow cup - 1 bloom
10. Yellow perianth, red or mixed cup - 1 bloom
11. All white - 1 bloom
12. All yellow - 3 blooms
13. White perianth, red or mixed cup - 1 bloom
14. Pink - 1 bloom
15. Five varieties - 1 container
16. Yellow perianth, cup coloured - 1 bloom
17. White perianth, cup coloured - 1 bloom
18. All White - 1 bloom
19. Pink - 1 bloom
20. 3 varieties, 1 container
21. Double - 1 bloom
22. Double - 2 blooms - 1 white - 1 yellow
23. Double - 1 bloom mixed
24. Small double - 2 blooms
26. Split Corona
27. Jonquil - 1 stem
28. Daffodil - 1 any variety
29. Tazetta - 1 stem
30. Poeticus - 1 stem
31. Triandus - 2 stems
32. Miniature - 1 stem
PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK QUANTITIES IN EACH CLASS
33. Hyacinth - 1 stem single
34. Hyacinth - 1 stem double
35. Hyacinth - collection of 3 stems
36. Muscari (Grape Hyacinth) - 3 stems single
37. Muscari (Grape Hyacinth) - 3 stems double
38. Tulips - 6 any colour
39. Tulips 3 of 1 colour
40. Primula - species
41. Primrose - 1 bunch double
42. Primrose - 1 bunch single
43. Polyanthus - 1 stem
44. Polyanthus - 3 stems
45. Polyanthus - 1 blue
46. Auricula - 1 stem
47. Alpine Auricula - 1 small bloom
48. Violas - 2 colours - 2 of each in a small vase not on a saucer
49. Pansies - 3 blooms in a small vase not on a saucer
50. Violets - 1 bunch single variety
51. Violets - 1 bunch double variety
52. Violets - 1 bunch mixed colours
53. Erythronium (Dog's Tooth Violet) - 1 stem white or cream
54. Erythronium - 1 stem any colour
55. Gentian - 1 stem
56. Spring Flowers - collection of large varieties - 1 container
(no daffodils or tulips) 4 varieties - 1 stem of each
57. Spring Flowers - collection of small varieties - 1 container
(no daffodils or tulips ) 4 varieties - 1 stem of each
58. Rhododendron - 1 stem or truss with foliage - large
59. Rhododendron - 1 stem of truss with foliage - medium
60. Rhododendron - 1 stem or truss with foliage - small
61. Iris - 1 long stemmed
62. Iris - 1 stem dwarf bearded
63. Iris - 1 stem any small variety
64. Spring Flowering Shrubs - collection of 4 small varieties
One stem of each in one container
65. Spring Flowering Shrubs - collection of 4 large varieties
One stem of each in one container
66. Bulbous Bloom not specified - 1 bloom
67. Trillium - 1 stem white or cream
68. Trillium - 1 stem red shades
69. Trillium - 1stem small
70. Camellia - 1 double with foliage
71. Camellia - 1 semi - double with foliage
72. Camelia - Single
73. Helleborus - 1 stem tall multi flowered variety
74. Helleborus - 1 stem orientalis single
75. Helleborus - 1 stem orientalis double
76. Clematis - 1 stem any variety
77. Fritillaria - 1 stem imperial
78. Fritillaria - 1 stem small variety
79. Anemone - 3 blooms single
80. Anemone - 3 blooms double
81. Anemone - 3 blooms woodland
82. Pulsatila - 1 stem any colour
83. NZ native flower and foliage
84. Flower not specified - 1 bloom or stem
SECTION 3: MISCELLANEOUS
85. Pot Plant Foliage
86. Pot Plant Flowering
87. Hanging Basket
88. Flowering bulbs in a container
SECTION 4: DECORATIVE FLORAL ART
89. A Simple Posy Theme - Small Modern Bridal Bouquet
90. Floral arrangement Theme - A Spring Wedding Church Arrangement
SECTION 5: HANDCRAFTS
NOTE: Finish of garments is very important, and extra points will be awarded for attractive presentation.
Only articles not previously shown in Arrowtown Horticultural Show are allowed to be entered.
Judges require all garments to have a sample of yarn and label attached if applicable.
The entry must have been made within the last year.
93. Embroidery, any article
94. Patchwork, any article
95. Knitted Blanket or Throw
96. Knitted Adult Garment in any ply Scarf, Socks, Gloves, sweater etc
97. Knitted Babies garment in any ply
98. Knitted Childs garment in any ply
99. Tea Cosy - Sewn, Embroidered or Knitted
100. "Upcycled" Garment or Article (remade/recycled)
101. Sewn Child's Garment
102. Sewn Adult's Garment
103. Cushion - handmade, machine crafted or knitted
104. Macramé - any article
105. Felt Work - Christmas Decoration
107. Handcrafted Card
109. Woodcrafted Item
110. Sculpture - open (any medium) eg Willow
SECTION 6: BAKING
NOTE: Please cover all food with gladwrap. Presentation is important.
111. Banana Loaf
112. Pieklets - 4 Please
113. Iced Chocolate Cake
114. Shortbread - 4 please
115. Belgian Biscuits - 4 please
116. Ginger Crunch 4 please
117 Men's Baking - Gingerbread
118 Men's baking - Sultana Cake - not iced
119. Natures Spring Bride - Blossom in all it's glory
120. Landscape - "Get Me To The Church" - Anyone, anywhere, anytime.
SECTION 8: CHILDREN
Open to all ages
Please note the following:
· Please name any items that you want returned to you. (Underneath)
· Exhibits may only be collected between 4.30 and 5.00pm on the Friday of the show.
· Children do not need to fill out an entry form; each child will be given a number when the entry is dropped off.
· If your child is an Arrowtown JUNIOR School pupil you will have further correspondence from your child's teacher.
· Please make sure your item has enough water to keep it fresh.
· Remember children may also enter any of the adult sections.
121. Banana Cake - Decorated
122. Decorated Cup Cakes - 4 please
123. Iced Krispie (or other bought biscuit) - 4 please
124. Knitted or Crocheted Item (more categories see next page)
125. Sewn item
126. Handmade wooden object e.g. Pencil case, Bird House etc
SCHOOL BASED ENTRIES - The following categories are completed at Arrowtown School or Pre-school
PLEASE SEE ABOVE NOTE REGARDING CONTAINERS - THANK YOU
127. New Entrant, Y1 & Y2 Sand saucer of flowers.
128. New Entrant, Y1 & Y2 Flowers in a cup or a jug, or an eggcup.
129. Y3 & Y4 Vegetable or Fruit Critter
130 Y3 & Y4 An arrangement in a Boot or Shoe
131. Preschool aged children - Free Choice
PHOTOGRAPHY - CHILDREN'S
132. My Best friend - Animal
133. What can I see outside?
BRING AND BUY SALES TABLE
- donations of cakes, sweets, produce (Jams/Pickles), plants, flowers, etc.
will be appreciated.
GOOD QUALITY PLEASE
DISPLAY OF WINTER CRAFTS
Let us display your talent if you do not wish to enter a class.
Clubs are also welcome to promote their group with a display.
CERTIFICATES AND PRIZES
Premier Trumpet Bloom (from Classes 1 to 7)
Premier Large Cups (from Classes 8 to 15)
Premier Small Cups (from Classes 16 to 20)
Most points Daffodils
Premier Camellia from Classes 63 to 65
Premier Cut Flower
Premier Flower Arrangement
Most points handcrafts
Most points baking
Most points flowers
Supreme Champion - Most points show